Note: I have tried the steps in my iPhone 3G 3.1.3 and it worked
I was so exited to do this on the first day I got my iPhone as I was a newbie. So guys try it out and enjoy jailbreaking iPhone 3G 3.1.3
redsn0w 0.9.4 can jailbreak and unlock iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G (No unlock for 3G), iPod touch 1G and iPod touch 2G (older Non-MC models only).
Note: Do not update to iPhone 3.1.3 firmware yet if you want to preserve your unlock for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod touch 2G (new models) and iPod touch 3G. This is because the new iPhone 3.1.3 firmware updates baseband to 05.12.01 on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G which makes it impossible to jailbreak and unlock iPhone 3GS and 3G.
1. Start redsn0w 0.9.4 and point it to the respective original iPhone 3.1.2 firmware to proceed
Scroll to the bottom and download it here
2. Run redsn0w

3. Now select Install Cydia

4. Now make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer before you click
5. Connect your device in recovery mode by pressing the Power and buttons continuously.
Follow the instructions in the redSnow UI to enter recovery mode

6. Enjoy , and have a Cofee , while redsn0w will do all the rest for you. Once done, your iPhone 3G will restart automatically and you will find it jailbroken with iPhone firmware version 3.1.3.

No comments:
Post a Comment